Monday, May 17, 2010

Second Chances

We serve a God of second chances.

You blew the "I'm perfect" position the first time you sinned (Romans 3:23), so Jesus Christ came to earth - God made flesh - to live out that perfect life for us. He took the punishment for the sins we have committed on Himself as He hung on the cross, had God turn away from Him (Mark 15:34), experienced death for three days, and then rose to conquer death for us! NOW we have our second chance...

Most of us know this. It is the essential essence of our salvation. But did you know He also gives us second to obey Him.

I've heard several stories this week from Christians who felt God leading them to speak to someone or do some task through the promptings of the Holy Spirit. Yet, as so often happens, we've rationalized away that still small voice to carry on with our daily busyness. If we are willing to admit it, what we have done is chosen to disobey God because we were more afraid of being "weird" than of disappointing Him.

Though because of His great love for us and desire to bless us, He gives us second chances. Those are the beautiful stories I heard this week. I truly believe the blessing is not as great when we wait, but at least we still receive a portion. There really is nothing more fulfilling and joyful than giving something in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ. I am so guilty of putting off my own blessings He desires to give me for the sake of excuses.

I'm determined to change that: Though I'm glad He offers it, I don't want to have to use that second chance. Do you?

1 comment:

  1. He is the God of 2nd, 3rd, 4th, . . . and 1,000,000,000th chances - Praise Him!!!

    ReplyDelete