Friday, May 14, 2010

Blah

What do you do when you're feeling blah? That's where I am.

I've had some health issues for the last two weeks, I can't seem to think straight, and things just seem...well, blah.  (That is such a descriptive word, I know, but when you feel this way the synonyms just aren't coming to you.) Even reading my Bible yesterday didn't cure it. So what do we do?

My first instinct was to go play a game or watch a movie. Do something that could take my mind off the yucky-ness and fact that I've not written a blog in a while since I just couldn't come up with anything: Another "Blah" factor.

That's when I remembered that worship and belief in God is not an emotion. It's a choice. Do I feel like reading my Bible? No. But I will. I certainly don't feel like praising Him with worship songs, but that is the best time to do it. So, pop a CD in and at least listen if you can't actually sing yet. You will eventually. God will honor the effort because that is what we are suppose to be doing.

I choose to love Him because He first loved me. And He even felt like it.

1 comment: