Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Rich

I had a really neat experience the other day. I had gone into my local grocery store to get some forgotten things on the shopping list and decided to get a fancy flavored water I love and a LARABAR which is the only prepackaged bar I can eat. While getting into my "'Check Engine Light' is not on" mini van, chewing on the fruity bar, and popping the freshness seal on my cherry/mint water, I had an overwhelming feeling: I am so rich.

I'll be honest that being able to get those few luxuries doesn't happen very often. We live pay check to paycheck, but are always blessed by God to be able to get everything we need. Yes, there are many times where we do without, but when it gets down to the last clean set of clothing, there is alway enough to get the detergent. And it's usually on sale...

As I sat there feeling so wealthy, I praised God for it: Thank you, thank you, thank you Father that you have taken us so low that we can be appreciative of the little blessings. I never want to take it for granted- no matter the cost.


Shouldn't we feel the same way about salvation? We have to reach the point where we truly realize to the marrow of our soul that we are sinners deserving of eternal punishment and separation from God. (Revelation 3:17-18) We are as poor and wretched as can be. But, by the grace, love, and mercy of God through His Son Jesus Christ we have the option of being completely cleaned up through the blood sacrifice of Jesus. Once we accept His rule over our lives we are so very rich...


 1 And you were dead in your trespasses and sins 2 in which you previously walked according to this worldly age, according to the ruler of the atmospheric domain, the spirit now working in the disobedient. 3 We too all previously lived among them in our fleshly desires, carrying out the inclinations of our flesh and thoughts, and by nature we were children under wrath, as the others were also. 
4 But God, who is abundant in mercy, because of His great love that He had for us, 5 made us alive with the Messiah even though we were dead in trespasses. By grace you are saved! 6 He also raised us up with Him and seated us with Him in the heavens, in Christ Jesus, 7 so that in the coming ages He might display the immeasurable riches of His grace in [His] kindness  to us in Christ Jesus.
8 For by grace you are saved through faith, and this is not from yourselves; it is God's gift—   Emphasis mine
Ephesians 2:1-8

No comments:

Post a Comment