Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Where Your Heart Is

Forgive me for not posting "every day" any more. I think of little posts every once in a while, but obviously haven't been putting them down. I plan to write something on occasion, but God's been moving me in a new time consuming direction, and I'm good with that. That's part of living every day with God: The ability to change and adapt to where the Spirit guides you to best glorify Jesus Christ.

I want to tell you about an image that is forever seared in my mind... My husband and I were in Dublin, Ireland the first week of October and loved every moment! We are truly beginning to love the people of that area. As we were exploring the DART line north, we came to Malahide where beautiful Malahide Castle is located on 250 acres. While wandering the park in the late afternoon, we came to a line of toilets on the side of a lush field. There, not 20 feet away, were three men bowing, and worshiping toward Mecca.
This is what I saw: God's creation was showing off all around, from the cool breeze to the multitude of flowers and ancient trees illuminate by the setting sun, while these three men were bowed down in worship facing the toilets.

How often do we ignore God and bow down to the things we love best instead? Putting them first is no different than bowing to toilets: It amounts to the same thing.

I've been meditating on Matthew 6:19-21 for the last week asking God to reveal to me what my treasure truly is.
 "Don't collect for yourselves treasures on earth, 
where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal.  
But collect for yourselves treasures in heaven, 
where neither moth nor rust destroys, and where thieves don't break in and steal.
 For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.

I encourage you to do the same. Psalm 139: 23-24 
Why, oh why, worship toilets when there's such beauty God created for you all around?

No comments:

Post a Comment