Saturday, March 13, 2010

My Two Cents

God amazed me yet again. Yesterday I was blessed to be able to go and buy a new laptop that I could not afford. A few weeks ago we decided that it was getting close to time to start earnest prayer for a new one, and this past week the finances for it came in. Here's the best part: I was given through several gifts, $1,070.00. Do you know how much everything came to that I needed? $1,069.98.

I suppose God needed to make sure I kept my two cents worth.

We had asked Him to provide no more than what we needed so that we would know what He knew was best for us, and He did. That's the best way to shop! I prayed while shopping around and comparing prices and deals that He would guide me to the right one, and He even gave me a secondary confirmation that this was the right laptop. God knows that I am a natural worrier: What if that better deal was just around the corner? What if I was ripped off? What if...what if...what if? So He taught me to take it all to him in prayer. It's not like He doesn't know what the best deal is and what I will need down the road, so why not trust Him?

Do you take your purchases to the Lord? Take some time today to ask the Lord what it is He wants you to have and to change your heart's desires to match.

Take delight in the Lord, and He will give you your heart's desires. Commit your way to the Lord; trust in Him, and He will act, making your righteousness shine like the dawn, your justice like the noonday.
Psalm 37:4-5

No comments:

Post a Comment