Friday, March 12, 2010

The One

God woke me up this morning.

There was a thunderstorm that came through our area a little after 5 A.M. and I awoke to lightning and clashes of thunder. Instead of thinking of the storm and enjoying it, a beautiful gift was given to me: I imagined I was in heaven with the glory of God flashing around me and I worshiped Him. Revelation 4 came to my mind...

Revelation 4:2-3, 5-6, 8-10
...and there in heaven a throne was set. One was seated on the throne, and the One seated looked like jasper and carnelian stone. A rainbow that looked like an emerald surrounded the throne... From the throne came flashes of lightning, rumblings, and thunder. Burning before the throne were seven fiery torches, which are the seven spirits of God.


Also before the throne was something like a sea of glass, similar to crystal. In the middle and around the throne were four living creatures covered with eyes in front and in back... Each of the four living creatures had six wings; they were covered with eyes around and inside. Day and night they never stopped saying:
Holy, holy, holy,
Lord God, the Almighty,
Who was, and is, 
And who is coming.


Whenever the living creatures give glory, honor, and thanks to the One seated on the throne, the One who lives forever and ever, the 24 elders fall down before the One seated on the throne, worship the One who lives forever and ever, cast their crowns before the throne, and say:
Our Lord and God,
You are worthy to receive
glory and honor and power,
because You have created all things,
and because of Your will
they exist and were created.


AMEN and AMEN. Come soon Lord Jesus! Thank you Father for the reminder of Your majesty and glory; I long for the day I may worship You before Your throne!

No comments:

Post a Comment