Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Surprise Treasures

Sometimes we just don't expect what we find.

I've been reading through the book of 2 Chronicles recently. I know it's not right, but I never expect to glean a lot of useful information for daily living out of certain books of the Old Testament. Oh, I know they're there, but some of it can be so dry with all the genealogies. While it's useful in other ways, and interesting to discover, the daily life aspect isn't top on my list while reading.

Once again though, God has shown me how wrong I am. Here are some wonderful verses I've found that are very applicable to my daily life though. Take some time today to reflect on them and understand how they can impact you as well. I pray they bless you as much and more as they did me.

2 Chronicles 12:7-8
“...' They have humbled themselves; I will not destroy them but will grant them a little deliverance. My wrath will not be poured out on Jerusalem through Shishak. However, they will become his servants so that they may recognize the difference between serving Me and serving the kingdoms of the land'”

2 Chronicles 13:18
“The Israelites were subdued at that time. The Judahites succeeded because they depended on the Lord, the God of their ancestors.”

2 Chronicles 15:7
“But as for you, be strong; don't be discouraged, for your work has a reward.”

2 Chronicles 16:9
“For the eyes of the Lord range throughout the earth to show Himself strong for those whose hearts are completely His...”

1 comment:

  1. This was very timely--read it yesterday and had become very frustrated with some of the new enrollees (you know those who wait to do everything once they arrive and then do not understand WHY they do not have enough money without loans)when I decided to check your blog--shared it with all my co-workers and we have decided to post 2Chronicles 15:7 in all our offices for at least a semester! Thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete