Sunday, October 11, 2009

Getting Back

The Lord has shown me so much reality lately. One being how much I love my home. Seldom do we realize just how habitual we are until things are completely off kilter and away from home. No matter what you usually do - be it chaos or strictly scheduled - if it is usual for you, home is a base. When that is not available, we tend to get thrown for a loop. I really do love visiting family and other places. However, I have a harder time being committed to reading my Bible and other "time with God" things. I've come to realize how fickle I can be and easily go astray.

The other thing He has been teaching me is a love for all people who are His. I was blessed to be able to worship at a different church last Sunday and meet others throughout the week who are in quite different roles in life, yet love Him. Much of it was just being in a place so different from my home. The greater Washington D.C. area is not quite the same as Bell Buckle, TN. It's a different beast from Nashville even. I love seeing the diversity God has placed here on this earth: And I know I've only scratched the surface! We even met a young woman on the way home in Knoxville who needed ministering to. She was the ribbon on this whole lesson God has been teaching me.

What do you discover about yourself or God when you go on vacation?

No comments:

Post a Comment