Monday, October 12, 2009

Celebrate!

Have you taken the time lately to celebrate our differences in the Lord? I'm not talking about theology. There are the basics we must all agree upon in order to truly be a Christian. (I might discuss those at a later, and braver, date!) I'm talking about the different talents, spiritual gifts, and personalities that God has hardwired into our lives.

Unfortunately, we usually tend to try and emulate, discount, or judge others unique, God-given quirks instead of just being joyful that they have them. Yesterday, the Lord allowed me a time of reflective perspective. (I like the way that sounds...) He let me see the many personalities and teaching styles of some fellow sisters in Christ from an out of the box vantage point. I loved their honesty, integrity, passion, simplicity, wisdom, humor, and joy. I was truly humbled to worship with them.

What are some of the things you can celebrate in others around you?

No comments:

Post a Comment