Monday, August 31, 2009

The Way God Works

I love the way God works. So often He uses same situations to affirm a lesson or a task He has for us. I have found that when I'm being taught a new principle, or when He is opening my eyes to something, it is repeated over and over from totally different areas and people.

Here is an example:
Over the last few weeks, the Lord has been showing me that the way I grew up believing how Christians should act was too stiff in many areas. I have felt somewhat alone in the Baptist church on this venue over the last few years, but for some reason it has been brought to mind more and more lately. In the last week though, I have had numerous people I respect greatly bring up this same subject independently. They have all talked about wanting to be free to express their faith in and their love for the Lord in different ways. I really don't know where this change has come from, except to say it is from the Lord. It has not been an instant shift either, but a gradual one. I am grateful for that. I've found that people tend to stick with gradual change easier that a quick one. I think they tend to be more from the heart and mind rather than rooted in emotions.

It has been a prayer and desire of mine for a while to be free to worship the Lord without any restrictions or expectations.  I know that we always are free to do so and that is our own inhibitions that restrict us, but it is nice to be around others who feel the same. With the way that people have been bringing up exactly what I've been thinking, I know that the Lord is at work and not my own pushings. That's a really nice thing to know.

Have you had anything the Lord has been teaching or confirming to you lately? Isn't it fun to see it pop up everywhere?

No comments:

Post a Comment