Friday, September 4, 2009

Perspective

Yesterday was yet another rough day for me in many ways. All day, I was concerned about different things going on in my life. At the same time, I've mentioned some pains I've been having. I don't know if any of you have ever dealt with chronic pain, but after two or three weeks of it building, one can get pretty cranky inside. I've also been preparing for a quick trip to Kentucky to see family for the day, and as much as I love them, that takes a bit of a toll in and of itself.

I rushed the kids to bed so that I could get a few more things done and enjoy the oblivion of sleep. They were exasperating me with too much energy, to be honest, as I tried to get the list a bed-time stuff done. We brushed our teeth, took medicine, practiced our Bible verses and then it was time to say our prayers and go to sleep.

That's when my youngest, Elijah, closed his eyes, sighed deeply, and prayed, "God? Thank you for giving us so many chances to be good."

I was floored. All my frustration and worry vanished as I praised the Lord with him in that simple prayer.

"Lord, thank you; for giving me so many chances to be good."

1 comment:

  1. I have many precious memories of listening to the prayers of my children...I learned a lot as I shared their prayer time and was often humbled as they prayed with such simple faith and spoke volumns. To be allowed to witness a childs hopes, fears, joys, faith and even disappointments is such an honor.

    Give both of the kids an extra hug and kiss tonight and tell them that I love them and miss them! Same for you and Kevin.

    Mom

    ReplyDelete