Thursday, September 3, 2009

A Place To Praise

Yesterday I had horribly difficult and absolutely wonderful day.

Physically, my day was a bust. I was in a lot of pain from many different things that have all peaked at the same time. I've also had very little sleep and the cure for that seems to be nowhere in sight. But over all, it was a great day.

My Wednesday morning Bible study group started up again after breaking for the summer: How I've missed those ladies! Afterwards I met with a sweet woman I've wanted to get to know and the Lord has placed in my path recently. I was also looking forward to choir practice at night because I get to sing to the Lord for a whole hour, and afterwards was meeting with another lady who has a heart for women's ministry as well.

On the way home, I realized that everything bad on the day was surpassed by the things of the Lord. How wonderful to have such a joy in the Lord when so miserable otherwise. It was so interesting to see the two co-exist in my life today. The children had stayed at home with my mother that evening, so as I was driving home from church I opened up the windows, blasted some great praise and worship, and praised God all the way home. There was no one else in the car, so I felt free to sing with all my might and it was wonderful!

I'd like to challenge you to find a place to worship God this week where you can loose all inhibitions. Then blast some of your favorite songs and love your God with all your heart, mind, and soul.

The only thing I discovered would make it better would be a convertible to raise my hand better toward God and speed control to keep me in check!

4 comments:

  1. I can certainly identify with this! I guess that is one of the reasons for my love of being on the "open road" all by myself! I sing to my hearts content and I talk with God about so many things! And the cruise control does help! I don't think that I had realized it until I read your blog, but it does...I am not distracted by the spedometer! I usually start my trips with, "OK, God, it's me and you today and I have a lot to say, but help me listen along the way!"

    Hope you have an even better day today!

    Love ya,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes I forget to turn down my CDs and when I start the car with other people in the car they are surprised by the loud praise music. My family is used to it and their friends are getting used to it. I usually pull up to the High School with my music blasting and the windows down - it is really cool when some of the kids ask me what I am listening to.
    It is cool that at our public High School there is such a strong christian influence by the students.

    Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love driving and praisine Him!! but there are times... certain songs or how long I've been driving.. that I start to raise my hands (you SO don't need a convertable for this! HA) that I start to close my eyes. I'm just drawn to Him so much through the music that I have to remind myself I'm driving in a vehicle and "Well, officer, I was praising the Lord..." isn't going to get me out of a ticket!! haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Joy, I did have my hand out the window, to be honest! For some reason though, I was praising so hard, I felt like they needed to be straight up. And if I'm wishing, might as well wish big! ;)

    ReplyDelete