Monday, July 6, 2009

Happy Day!

Our boys are coming today!!!

My two older children, Derek and Malachi, only live with us part of the year. Most of you know I was married once before, and their father has custody. It is a difficult situation, but I know the Lord can work it out for the best.

They will be here for a month, and I'm hoping to keep as current on this blog as I have been. While we tend to look at this time they are with us as total vacation, there are certain things I am trying to instill in them. First and foremost is a love for God. I want them to see that while I love them deeply, following what God has told me to do it utterly important. I believe the number one thing He has told me, for now, is to write this blog.

It is a very difficult thing to trust them completely to the Lord, and that is what I have had to do since they were three and one years old. I cling to Proverbs 22:6 “Teach a youth about the way he should go; even when he is old he will not depart from it.” I try to teach and train them in the Lord's way when I have them and then must trust God that they will not depart from it. Now, I know that it is not a guarantee for salvation. Each person must make their own decision for that, but I must strive to do what I can, when I can, and be at peace.

Samuel's mother, Hannah, is my role model. (1 Samuel 1-3) She gave Samuel over to the Lord, to be raised in the temple by the High Priest, Eli, when he was around three years old. She was only able to see him once a year as well. The other thing Hannah had to overcome was that Eli was already raising two sons who were wicked men and had no regard for the Lord. (1 Samuel 2:12) But look how Samuel turned out. Why? Because that was the Lord's desire. I also think Hannah's prayers, heart, and obedience had a lot to do with it.

Please pray for our family this month. While it is a wonderful month, it can also be difficult at times. It takes some adjusting to our rules when they are here. Then when they are about to go back, everyone is cranky and emotional. Pray that we all keep our eyes focused on the Lord and the children all develop a passion for the Lord.

1 comment:

  1. I am so happy that the boys made it there safely!! Have a great time this month!

    Rhonda

    ReplyDelete