Friday, July 10, 2009

A Most Precious Gift

When my sons, Derek and Malachi, arrived the other day I received the most precious gift ever.

As they were unpacking, Malachi excitedly came up to me and said he had a Mother's Day present he bought for me. It was a little oyster in a shell with a pearl inside and a dolphin necklace which would hold the pearl. It was the first present ever bought for me from my children on their own accord and with their own money. He had held onto it, for me especially, for two months and made sure to pack it.

My heart melted. Malachi was so excited about it as well. He kept showing me different things about it and holding it. I think it was precious to him as well.

That's when it hit me. How much more precious is it to God when we do something, just for Him, at some cost to us, just to show our love for Him? Something that is not expected from us. Something that is purely from our heart?

What a most precious gift that is to Him.

1 comment:

  1. okay - you need to start off with a kleenex warning on this one. You will always hold on to that moment! I will too. Have fun with them this month.

    Rhonda

    ReplyDelete