Saturday, May 23, 2009

The Tools of Satan- Part 3 of 3: Fear/Anxiety

The Future: Fear/Anxiety

Phobophobia: The fear of phobias/being afraid.

It is absolutely amazing what and how many things we can be afraid of.
When Satan isn't getting much of anywhere with condemning or tempting us, I believe he begins to prey on the “what ifs...”. In fact, the fear of what might happen can become so severe that we miss the blessings and opportunities God has for us. That is exactly what Satan is hoping for- Missed glory for God.

The Cure: Faith

“Now faith is the reality of what is hoped for, the proof of what is not seen.” Hebrews 11:1 These are all future things. We are to just believe it. Jesus said in Matthew 6:34, “Therefore don't worry about tomorrow, because tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.” He had been telling them not to worry, “...you of little faith” (v.30). This is much easier said than done, I know, but it is the only thing to be done. You don't want to be afraid? You don't want to be overly anxious? Just have faith: Trust completely in God to work all things for the good of those who love Him. (Romans 8:28)

Are you still worried or fearful about things? It's OK to pray to God and ask Him to increase your faith. Pray with me today from Mark 9:24 and Luke 17:5 “Immediately the father of the boy cried out, 'I do believe! Help my unbelief.'” and “The apostles said to the Lord, 'Increase our faith'”

1 comment:

  1. I can certainly attest to the fact that faith can cure your phobias! I had a fear of snakes that was unreal--not just of the real thing, but pictures, toys...anything that even resembled a snake. No watching movies with snakes! Everyone tried to protect me because they knew how afraid I was! Then one day after I became a widow I was taking something out to the storage shed in the back and there was a little snake! I threw whatever I had down and fled--scared for my life! I would never be able to go in the back yard again! But that could not be so I looked up and said, "Ok, Lord, I cannot not (I know it is a double negative, but that is what I said) go in my back yard so You take care of it....either make it so that there will be no more snakes in my backyard, take my phobia away or both. I don't care, just take care of it! AND HE DID! Rhonda and Kevin especially are amazed that I can watch snakes on a TV program, look at pictures....But it would never have happened if I had not asked! Thank you, Lord

    Mom

    ReplyDelete