Sunday, May 3, 2009

Daily Chaos 2

I wrote yesterday's blog last Wednesday when a few things had gone a bit wrong, and I was so happy about how I was able to respond.
Then the Lord allowed me to be sifted! (Luke 22:31-32)
I honestly would have to say that it was the worst day I have had in many years. I was hit in five different areas in my life, and all of them seemed major: Finances, health, emotions, my children, even my pets! I may have been sliding along on that lubricant of faith I spoke of, but I looked like a grown woman on roller blades for the first time! I kept thinking of 1 Corinthians 10:12 “Therefore, whoever thinks he stands must be careful not to fall!” My comfort, however, came from verse 13,”...He will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation, He will also provide a way of escape, so that you are able to bear it.”
After Wednesday, I'm humbled by what God thinks I can handle! I did notice that He says He will provide a way for us to bear it. Not skip happily through it. Just bear it.
A study I am going through on Wednesday mornings with a group of ladies has been talking about how King David was angry and afraid of God when Uzzah died as they were trying to bring the ark to Jerusalem for the first time. (2 Samuel 6:1-11) It took him three months to get past the hurt and for the ark to finally come to the city. Remember, God said of David that he was a man after His own heart! (Acts 13:22) There are many times throughout the Psalms that David tells the Lord he is angry, confused, or upset with Him. The point is that He got beyond it quickly, loved the Lord with every once of his being, and followed Him as best as he could in his humanity till the day he died.
Wednesday, I was very hurt and sad. Honestly, I'm still hurt. I'm still sad. But I have a trustworthy God who I KNOW can work everything for His good, and I am excited to see how He'll do it. Most of all, I know He loves me and wants the best for me. I'm just keeping my eyes focused on Him.
I encourage you to do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment