Sunday, September 26, 2010

Engrave

Today has been a sweet time with God once again.
In the past, I was never one to underline and write in my Bible, but over the last several years I've begun to underline. I love opening His Word and hearing all He has to say to me in this way. It's like little love notes He's left as a passage jumps from the page and has made me long to have those words engraved on my heart even more.

So today I have picked a passage to memorize. It's actually a whole Psalm- that makes it easy and in a neat little package. Psalm 139 in particular really spoke to me this morning and is a good reminder and teacher as well.

Take some time today to find a passage to engrave on your heart. Let them become joy to you.


Your words were found, and I ate them.
    Your words became a delight to me
    and the joy of my heart,
    for I am called by Your name,
    LORD God of Hosts.
Jeremiah 15:16

No comments:

Post a Comment