Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Expectation

Do you have a dessert, food, or activity that you rarely get to enjoy, but absolutely love? Isn't it odd and sad that when you build it up in your head too much that it just doesn't meet the expectations and you then become disappointed in it? As I was driving around today, that's how I began to be afraid it would be for this upcoming trip to Belgium. God's hand is in it so evidently, and we have so much anticipation, that I began to fear nothing much would happen and I would be disappointed.

Then I realized I was wrong.

I am to wait expectantly on the Lord. Psalm 37:7 It's not like He can't fulfill anything and everything. I then questioned my motive: Why was I expecting this trip to be so great through Him?  (1.) Because He is making a way, and, (2.) because I want to bring Him exponential glory.
Those are both solid Biblical reasons.

So?
God will work in great ways in the coming week. I know it. Now, I just need to experience it.

No comments:

Post a Comment