Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Being Stuck

Yesterday I had a detox session, and one of the procedures was a hand bath. Both of my hands were submerged for half an hour without being able to take them out at all. Basically I was stuck there. When it's a foot bath at least I can read or study. You just don't realize how dependent you are on your hands until you can't use either one of them. You also don't realize how often your nose itches...

This time, however, was perfect timing. I told you Sunday that I wanted to learn Psalm 139 by heart, and this was my first chance to take me at my word: Was I really committed to it, or not? So I opened my Bible beforehand and laid it next to me. And for the next half hour God and I enjoyed a precious time as we engraved the first 6 verses on my heart. It was a beautiful time of worship. Those first few verses led splendidly to a meditation of love, devotion, and encouragement, that truly can not be described.

This is what I prayed and poured out to Him in love through the words He gave another thousands of years ago. How marvelous His works and words that they still ring so true!


1 LORD, You have searched me and known me.
    2 You know when I sit down and when I stand up;
    You understand my thoughts from far away.

    3 You observe my travels and my rest;
    You are aware of all my ways.

    4 Before a word is on my tongue,
    You know all about it, L
ORD.
    5 You have encircled me;
    You have placed Your hand on me.

    6 [This] extraordinary knowledge is beyond me.
    It is lofty; I am unable to [reach] it.

Psalm 139:1-6

No comments:

Post a Comment