Friday, August 27, 2010

What No Dream Could Conceive

I'm a dreamer.

And it's not that I plan big and have lofty goals for life: I seldom get a good nights sleep without vivid dreams. At times they are so real I've almost told someone what happened "the other day" only to realize it was actually just a dream. The majority of them however are truly epic and exhausting. Often I wake up even more tired than when I went to bed. Last night, for example I escaped a flood with my children only to be stranded on a snowy, volcanic island which was about to erupt. Few of us survived the avalanche before the major eruption though...

The human mind amazes me. God made us so complex with the ability to imagine and dream such wondrous things. We compose soul stirring symphonies and great works of life-like sculpture and art. Our inventions build on one another till it seems we could accomplish anything. Yet God is incomprehensible. The mere presence of His angels drop us to our knees with awe, and no man could live who beheld His face.

My God is amazing.

That's why I like the daytime. I can control daydreams a lot better. It's also why I love to read Job 38:1 - 41:34. God describes Himself with the best terms we could understand - and even those are a bit confusing. I can't wait to ask Him which animals really are the Behemoth and Leviathan!

Take some time today to dream about God. I believe He created us this way for this purpose. For when I am daydreaming about Him, I discover I've begun to worship Him for who He is in His majesty and glory and not just for what He's done for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment