Sunday, August 29, 2010

Revealed

Seldom do we share what God has revealed to us with one another. How unfortunate. For today I have discovered its importance...

This has been a difficult day for me both physically and emotionally. Many different factors are at play which have all cumulated in an overall icky day. I'm so grateful that it is Sunday and I have a church family and a worship service to lean upon!

As I was preparing to leave, one of the ladies from my weekday Bible study came up to me with the most excited look on her face. One of the things we were asked to do this week was pay attention to what God reveals to us- how He is speaking to us in every aspect of our lives. God had spoken to her revealing the answer to a question of her heart during the service today, and she wanted to share it with me.

Even though He had been working greatly in me all morning soothing and loving on me, I desperately needed to hear a word of encouragement in this way. If she had kept it to herself, I wouldn't have been as blessed and comforted. Sometimes we just need to know how He is working in others lives. Not only does it bring us closer together, but it reassures that we are all in this together.

Another aspect is that she was not the first person to come up to me sharing that God was working in them through this Bible study. Knowing that one person is growing in the Lord is wonderful- knowing that there are several who are excited enough to share outside of the routine is exhilarating!

Praise You Lord God for the way you work in each of our hearts and lives. And I can never thank You enough for those You have allowed to walk with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment