Monday, May 24, 2010

My Bed

I love my bed.

Sometimes at night when I lay down I thank God over and over for my bed. It really isn't anything fancy. In fact, we were given the mattress about 6 years ago by friends who were getting a new one, but it is so comfy. There are times during the day when I think about how wonderful it will feel to crawl in bed that night. I must say I tend to dwell upon it so much at times that I have to go lie down for a few minutes. I really love going to bed.

Now my bed time is suppose to be 10. I need a lot of sleep to keep healthy and sane, and I know how important it is to get there. However, I seldom make it. It's usually around 11:30 before I actually lie down. Why? I'm not really sure. A little of this and that. Watching or listening to something. Busy nothingness. It amazed me how I so seldom get there as much as I love doing it!

I decided my bed is a lot like Jesus.

I love Him SO much. (Yes, more than my bed. Just go along with me for a few minutes...) But how often do I put Him off with trivial things? Before I know it I've pushed Him back to an unhealthy level, just to get what amounts to a bunch of nothingness done. I truly love talking about Jesus and going to Him daily in prayer. I really look forward to reading His Word. But it gets pushed back by life. I can't let that happen if I truly love Him, can I?

So I'm spending time with Him in His Word and am going to bed at 10 tonight. Or at least I'll be reading my Bible in bed right then...

No comments:

Post a Comment