Tuesday, October 27, 2009

This Is How

The Word of God has spoken to me so powerfully over the last few days.

Yesterday, as I struggled with a lesson He has been teaching and proving to me, I was called to read 1 John 3:16-20.
This is how we have come to know love: He laid down His life for us. We should lay down our lives for our brothers. If anyone has this world's goods and sees his brother in need but shuts off his compassion from him - how can God's love reside in him?
Little children, we must not love in word or speech, but in deed and truth; that is how we will know we are of the truth, and will convince our hearts in His presence, because if our hearts condemn us, God is greater than our hearts and knows all things.


These verses answered two of the three questions I had laid before God that morning. I was humbled and amazed at how quickly He answered them and comforted me.

However, He wasn't done.

As I finished up day 5 of a Bible study I was doing, He answered the last question! After trying not to sob aloud in a coffee shop and regain my mental composure, I joined David in proclaiming, "What is man that You remember him, the son of man that you look after him?" (Psalm 8:4) To have an answer from the Lord is an amazing thing, but to have all three answered with a few hours with the Spirit affirming it loudly in my spirit, is overwhelming.
What a gracious and loving God we have!

How has He answered you lately? If He hasn't seemed to, are you waiting patiently on Him? As hard as it is to accept, His answers are never late or early. They come at just the right time. Remain faithful to the God who has proven Himself Faithful and True in every generation. He will not fail you.

No comments:

Post a Comment