Friday, October 30, 2009

Delight

I saw the most brilliant rainbow yesterday! 

It was one of those moments where the sun was brightly shining on me when it started raining. I knew there had to be a rainbow somewhere, so began looking around for it as I drove. Not seeing anything, I turned down the next road, but looked back just in case it was behind me. What I saw took my breath away. The rainbow was so bright that I could see every color perfectly. In fact, there were even multiple shades of purple shining, which is always the hardest color to see. Also, it was complete in touching the ground on both sides, helping me judge the distance: It was in front of the hill I had just come over about half a mile away! I could even see the trees through it. 

I had just passed under without realizing it. 
(For those of you who have done the Beth Moore study on the Beloved Disciple: John, I started laughing, "Delight! Delight!")

Isn't that so like God? 

Often we go through times in our lives where we know God is near. Yet no matter how hard we look, we just can't seem to find Him. Then, as we turn a corner and are able to look back, we are amazed at how evident His presence was. He was right with us the whole way - even though we couldn't see it at the time.

If you are in a season where God just doesn't seem to be showing up where you expected Him, don't give up.  He will soon show off the beauty of His glorious presence. He will give you a DELIGHT!

No comments:

Post a Comment