Sunday, May 10, 2009

Being Still

Do you ever get overwhelmed by the Word of God? There are days where I deeply desire to study God's Word, and yet I just don't know where to begin. I think we all have seasons where we just can't think of what to say or do next. There are so many things to learn, and I so want to please the Lord and show my love for Him, that I begin to feel guilty for not spending all my free time in my Bible.
I have to remind myself that the Lord never makes you feel extreme guilt: That's a ploy of the Devil. But He does call us to meet with Him daily and get time with Him through the Bible. The Spirit within us urges us to come, but He will never lay a huge guilt trip. He allows us to make that decision on our own. I think knowing that causes me to be even more desperate not to displease Him and slack off.
However, there are days when I find myself becoming a bit frantic over the lack of quality time my mind is able to put forth. These are the days where the Lord has often put a peace in my spirit. I can almost hear Him say, “(a)Be still, Tiffany. (b)I know the plans I have for you, and don't worry, they are to prosper. (c)I know your heart, I've tested it and seen your joy in Me.”
Do you also need to just be still in His presence today?
a- Psalm 46:10, “Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth.” (ASV)
b- Jeremiah 29:11, “'For I know the plans I have for you' – this is the Lord's deceleration – 'plans for your welfare, not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.'”
c- 1 Chronicles 29:17, “I know, my God, that You test the heart and that You are pleased with uprightness. I have willingly given all these things with an upright heart, and now I have seen Your people who are present here giving joyfully and willingly to You.”

No comments:

Post a Comment