Friday, May 15, 2009

Blessings and Roadblocks

It's amazing to me how actively the Lord has been working in my life lately. It has been anything but boring! In the last year or two, as I have finally been letting go and letting the Lord take control of my life and desires, I've noticed a huge shift in the way my life flows. There are two particular areas I have noticed: Blessings and Roadblocks.

The blessings I have begun receiving from the Lord have completely blown me away! They have come in different forms, such as money, care, respect, gifts, but are all summed up by love. The reason for this is, for me, found in 2 Corinthians 12:9-10. "But He said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness.' Therefore, I will most gladly boast all the more about my weakness, so that Christ's power may reside in me. So because of Christ, I am pleased in weakness, in insults, in catastrophes, in persecutions, and in pressures. For when I am weak, then I am strong." I realized that the less I care about letting my weaknesses be known, the more of Christ's power comes through. I am able to give Him ALL the glory for a situation, because I already know, and have told, that I'm too weak/flawed! There is such a freedom in that. I wonder why we fight it so much? Why I still even do at times?

The other area is in roadblocks. Now, I have learned that there are two different kinds of these. One from the Lord as a "no" or "not now" answer, and the other from Satan because I'm annoying him. (Ha! Finally...) The goal here is to pray to the Lord constantly for the discernment as to which it is. One way is to know that the Lord will never go back on His Word. Isaiah 40:8 "The grass withers, the flowers fade. but the word of our God remains forever." So the first thing is to test it against the Scriptures. If a specific answer can't be found there- pray. The Lord will honor your seeking Him. Then, when I discern whom it's coming from I can act appropriately. If from God, I back off. If from Satan, I persevere through knowing God will strengthen me. My favorite kind though is when Satan is blocking me in some obvious way, I go to the Lord in prayer about the situation, and He blesses me even greater through that particular thing! Don't you think that just gets Satan's goat???

Do you recognize your blessings and roadblocks? Make sure to give the Lord the glory He deserves in every instance in your life.

1 comment: