Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Doldrums

You are not going to be passionate for God everyday.

Yes, I really did say that. Does it mean you don't love Him? No. Does it mean you need to question your salvation? No. It means you are human, and are still fighting the good fight (1 Timothy 6:12). It means you are still alive and have work still to do for His glory!

How do I handle days of spiritual doldrums?  I'm honest with God about them and I read His Word - the Bible - whether I want to or not: Especially if NOT. I ask God to help me draw closer to Him, and for a mindset that would bring Him glory. Then, I'm honest with those around me - like you, right now - and ask for mercy and grace from you to remember I'm still human as well. There are days I pray you can now come to me when you experience the same. Then, knowing we have all been in the same boat, we can pray for one another and help to keep accountable.

That's how I handle it. I fight the good fight whether I want to or not. It's not the "good fight" for nothing. I take time to remember it's not the "passion fight", "happy fight", or "enthusiastic fight". It's GOOD: True, righteous, genuine, and sound whether I feel like it or not.

Remembering that, and dwelling on it is often the little spark that gets the fire going....

No comments:

Post a Comment