Thursday, October 21, 2010

Tennessee Fall

Though the leaves are beautiful this time of year, this Tennessee weather is driving me crazy! It's 39 degrees in the morning and 83 in the afternoon. Dressing the kids for school and wearing comfortable clothes for the day is near impossible, because we are either freezing in the morning or burning up by midday. So many times I have wished it would make up its mind and stay either hot or cold...

..."The Amen, the faithful and true Witness, the Originator of God's creation says: I know your works, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish that you were cold or hot. So, because you are lukewarm, and neither hot nor cold, I am going to vomit you out of My mouth.
Revelation 3:14-16


This morning as I was grumping about the temperature in my heart, the Spirit touched me to say that God doesn't really like that hot/cold thing much either. Perhaps He allows it here in the Bible Belt to reminds us just how annoying it can be...

No comments:

Post a Comment