Monday, October 18, 2010

What I Want To Do

This morning as my husband and I dropped off the kids at school, he asked me what I wanted to do today. I ran down the list of things I needed to get done today: Read my Bible, write a blog, go over my lesson for Tuesday night, clean the bathrooms, sweep, vacuum.... and so on. He paused for a moment and then said, "But what do you want to do today?" After taking a few moments to ponder it, I realized those things I needed to do today were also the things I wanted to do today. That was the moment I was aware God had answered my prayers.

For years my fleshly desires and nature have been fighting God tooth and nail over what He has called me to do for this season in life. In that time, though I tended to physically obeyed Him, my desires have been elsewhere. Over and over I have prayed that He would change my heart to desire what He wants. I knew God's Word promises that if I took "...delight in the Lord," as the Psalmist says, "He would give me my heart's desires." (Psalm 37:4) The problem is that what we tend to desire is far from Him and His ways. "But as for those whose hearts pursue their desire for detestable things and abominations, I will bring their actions down on their own heads." [This is] the declaration of the Lord GOD . Ezekiel 11:21 For me to get the desires of my heart, I knew it was my heart which had to change.

Today was the first true indication that He has accomplished this in me!! For now... I'm sure He'll stretch me again soon. :)

The funny thing is I have also noticed another change of heart He's put in me recently which I know will lead to much greater challenges of my heart and its desires. But you know what? He is faithful and true. He has proven Himself over and over and over again to me. Why wouldn't I trust Him completely in these future desires of my heart as well?

The Rock—His work is perfect;
    all His ways are entirely just.
    A faithful God, without prejudice,
    He is righteous and true.
Deuteronomy 32:4

No comments:

Post a Comment