Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Satisfy Us

   Lord -- how long?

   Turn and have compassion on Your servants.
   Satisfy us in the morning with Your faithful love so that we may shout with joy and be glad for days.
   Make us rejoice for as many days as You have humbled us, for as many years as we have seen adversity.
   Let Your work be seen by Your servants, and Your splendor by their children. 
   Let the favor of the Lord our God be on us; establish for us the work of our hands -- establish the works of our hands!
Psalm 90:13-17

Yesterday I talked about how to know if we were serving the Lord or someone else. No matter what path we were on, when humbling ourselves before the Lord in a difficult circumstance, we start out on a level playing field, crying to Him from there. Let's be honest, many times when we cry to God for help it's because we long to be satisfied in some way, and verse 14 gives us a road map in order to reach that destination. "Satisfy us in the morning..."

OK, servant, God just told you that in order to be satisfied with His faithful love we need to allow Him to do... "it in the morning...so that we may shout for joy and be glad for days." I've come to believe that is very true. God loves us enough and lets us exercise our free will in that He never demands a specific time for us to come to Him for fellowship, but He's given us plenty of hints. Come to Him in the morning. There is plenty of reference to mornings throughout the Bible. (Psalm 30:5; 143:8; Lamentations 3:22-23; Zephaniah 3:5; Mark 1:35) 

So test it. Go to God and His Word in the morning. As His children, I believe with all my heart, that we can not help but to have a gladness and joy even in the midst of trials. 

IF we read His Word and listen to Him every morning. 

4 comments:

  1. How true and it also set the tone for the rest of your day, you are more at peace with your self and those around you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes it does- It colors your day in a beautiful way! (No rhyme intended.lol)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is interesting that this week I did 25 "iron-on" transfers to pillowcases for VBS. I did it at home and only one worker knew that I did it (we were that many short for the next day). I hate to iron!!! While I was ironing, I thought about the fact that this was a labor of love to my dear sweet Jesus and rejoiced with Him as I did it. I still don't like to iron, but I rejoice in the gift that I gave Him and am grateful that the kids had what they needed. I think that we should be prepared to do whatever God calls us to do and you may be surprised to rejoice with Him in unexpected ways.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't it amazing how much sweeter the joy in something like that is? :-D

    ReplyDelete