Saturday, April 10, 2010

Whew!

It has been quite the busy last few days, and I have learned much about myself.

1. I am quite the book pack rat. I hate to get rid of a good book... or one I think might be a good book.

2. Dust is my Achilles heel. It is everywhere and no matter how many times I wipe it keeps coming back. Ugh- just like my multitude of character flaws. Thank you Jesus for dusting me so often!

3. My favorite thing about painting is that the impossible to get dust in the crevices and corners can be painted over. (I'm glad Jesus doesn't do that though.)

4. I have written for years. As I cleaned out many old binders and folders, I was surprised by how many "blogs" I came across. I've been doing this since the sixth grade and just didn't know it. I remember times where I couldn't help but write what I felt and was learning about the Lord, but I found a lot more than I realized. It was such a sweet time time today reading some of what I had penned. I witnessed how far He's brought me and how much I've changed. There were also times that my relationship with God couldn't have been sweeter, and I long to return there.

5. I have been overly blessed with so many things. God is so good to us that I have to sift through many things as I move them around. So many in the world have so much less.

Though this week has been difficult, it has been good for talking to the Lord. There isn't much to do while spackling, taping, and painting. But it's perfect for talking with God. I can't wait for church tomorrow! He and I have had a great week, and I'm so excited to see the rest of my church family. I'm expecting much tomorrow!

How about you? In what ways have you seen God working and moving in your life? Cry out to Him - He is always willing to answer and come closer!

No comments:

Post a Comment