Wednesday, April 7, 2010

How the Lord Helped Today

This week is my husband's vacation so we decided to paint the whole inside of the house. That's not a very bright idea. It would probably be OK if I had the week set aside as well, but I don't. So now I'm running around doubly exhausted and covered in paint. To make matters worse, I think we are both allergic to the fumes.
Sneeze...wipe...roll...wipe...

It's times like these I revel in the peace verses in the Bible, and because God is gracious and kind, those are just the verses I'm having to read for the Bible study we are currently doing. It's funny that the verses I have focused on this week are perfect for describing how I feel about my personal journey at home. Especially when you just take the first verse of the three Psalms we have spotlighted: Psalm 120:1; 121:1; 122:1

In my distress I called to the Lord and He answered me...
I raise my eyes toward the mountains. Where will my help come from?...
I rejoice with those who said to me, "Let us go to the house of the Lord."

"Gee, honey, sorry I have to leave you to paint by yourself today. I have to go to church for my Bible study class." 

See, ladies? There are many good reasons for joining!

No comments:

Post a Comment