Sunday, April 11, 2010

Prayer Request

Kevin and I think we have a miracle starting and could use your prayers for discernment, please. A few months ago we learned of a mission trip our church would be going on in October that we would love to be able to participate in, however there was just no way it could work out. First was the children. We have no family in the area and so have never been able to do anything like this. Also, Kevin has to sign up for his vacations in November for the entire next year. That makes planning activities like mission trips very difficult since they are usually not settled on that far in advance. Third was the difficulty of finances.

There were many obstacles to overcome.

A few weeks ago we saw the dates for the trip and they were so close to his vacation time! But, the trip was to be a Tuesday through Tuesday and Kevin's vacation was Friday through Friday. Laughingly we said that if God wanted us to go He'd have to change the date by a few days and then pay for it. We have seen God pay for so many of our needs that the date change would be our sign.

Well, this morning as we opened the worship guide we both did a double take and turned to each other with astonished eyes: The dates had been changed to the exact dates he has off. Then I remembered my mother doesn't work now and she'd be able to watch the children since they will be on fall break that week. OK God, check one and two, but what about check three? It's a BIG ole' check, too.

That's what I am asking you to pray for. If God wants us to go we will. No doubt. Right now we are trying to discern His will, because we want to go. That's not the issue. The issue is whether or not He wants us to go- and we need to know by the first of May when the deposit is due. Pray it will be made clear to us and that our own wishes and desires will not get in the way. I have to admit I really want to go for several reasons, but none so much as the fact Kevin and I have never been able to go on a mission trip together. He's done several things and I have as well, but we've never gone as a couple, and I long to serve beside him.

Thanks for your prayer - I covet them!

4 comments:

  1. I got goose bumps... looking forward to seeing God pay for this for you =o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. And if Marcia cannot make it for some reason, I usually take some time off in october and would love to take care of the kids! Praying for you, but I believe that you have your answer, now act in Faith and it will be done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm praying for you and Kevin!

    ReplyDelete