Saturday, April 17, 2010

Blessings of Motherhood: The Mini-Miracles

Thank you Lord that…
The laundry I forgot in the washing machine hasn’t started molding.
I can cut a PB&J sandwich into a different shape and my kids now
                 think it’s now a cool meal.
Dishwashers are fancy boxes to hide dirty dishes.
You renew my strength and give me caffeine.
You made children to need more sleep than adults.
Spilled water cleans up spilled messes.
Baths can be fun when soap bubbles are added.
When desperation sets in, You seem to multiply goldfish crackers
                  too.
You made fruit so easy.
Dust is the ultimate dry erase board.

2 comments:

  1. I am reminded of a Visa commercial: with the ending - finding the joy in each day with children priceless!

    I like your list

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just speaking to someone this past weekend about the same things. I had read many years ago in the newspaper (Dear Ann / Abby) article. It went something like this: Thank you Lord for these dirty dishes.my family has something to eat. Thank you Lord for these dirty clothes, my family has things to wear. Thank you Lord for this dirty house, my family has a roof over their heads and a place to sleep. Thank you Lord for that slamming door, my children are healthy to run. Thank you Lord for the noise they make, their voices are healthy....It just makes us appeciate the little things that I hate to do daily or drive us crazy.

    ReplyDelete