Tuesday, February 23, 2010

W.E.I.R.D.

If you don't utilize it already, I'd like to encourage you to use driving time as God time. Don't call anyone, turn off the music or whatever you have playing, and spend the time talking to and listening to God. Think of yourself as being a captive audience.

Yesterday as I was driving, I told God how I feel like a weird person sometimes. OK, most of the time- and I know many of you who will agree. What's so wrong with that? I felt Him prod. What does it mean to be weird? That got me thinking? In what ways should we be weird? When we have a vibrant, fruitful walk with Jesus Christ, we are called to be different. So why not just except being weird. Of course, I had to come up with an acronym, so I will ask of you today:

Are you W.I.E.R.D?

Are you...
Written in the Book of Life
In the same way, the victor will be dressed in white clothes, and I will never erase his name from the book of life, but will acknowledge his name before My Father and before His angels.
Revelation 3:5
Nothing else you do will matter if you have not surrendered your life to Jesus Christ. It is the first and most important thing, and it always will be. Remember who, and whose, you are. 


Involved in the Body of Christ?
1 Corinthians 12, 13, & 14
We are members of a body of believers that can not function well unless all parts of it's body are willing to work. Are you working well in your local body, or do you cause them to seek some pain killers?
So also you - since you are zealous in matters of the spirit, seek to excel in building up the church.
1 Corinthians 14:12


Eternal in Your Perspective?
Brothers, I do not consider myself to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: forgetting what is behind and reaching forward to what is ahead, I pursue as my goal the prize promised by God's heavenly call in Christ Jesus.
Philippians 3:13-14
For our momentary light affliction is producing for us an absolutely incomparable eternal weight of glory. So we do not focus on what is seen, but on what is unseen; for what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.
2 Corinthians 4:17-18
There is just no adding to that. Either we do it, or we don't.

Reading the Word Regularly
But He answered, "It is written: Man must not live on bread alone but on every word that comes from the mouth of God."
Matthew 4:4
He sent His word and healed them; He rescued them from the Pit.
Psalm 107:20
We can not know what the Lord is directing us to do if we  refuse to listen to the Word that He gave us. We are then no longer w.i.e.r.d.; just odd.


Devoted to the Things of God and Not the Things of Man?
And every day they devoted themselves to meeting together in the temple complex, and broke bread from house to house. They ate their food with gladness and simplicity of heart, praising God and having favor with all the people. And every day the Lord added to them those who were being saved.
Acts 2:46-47
When we plan out our days and schedules, are we asking God first in order to bless and glorify Him, or are we asking Him to bless what we have decided to glorify in?


Take some time to discern what the Lord is telling you today. You must also ask yourself if you are willing to be weird for Him. If not, you might want to go back and double check your standing on W.

1 comment:

  1. OK I am w.e.i.r.d but do we stand out as weird to the world and the friends around us. Something to think about.

    ReplyDelete