Thursday, February 25, 2010

Godly Friends

God is so good.

Yesterday morning I was blessed to sit around with a group of women who love the Lord as we just talk about Him. We are going through a study but took some time to discuss a few things about how He works and the things He has done in our lives. I particularly loved when I said something that popped in my mind and one of them disagreed! OK, that may not sound wonderful, but she was right. I was focusing on one aspect of a sentence, but when you take the whole thing into account I was a little off. It was a great reminder not to focus on the details and to look at the whole picture. It is a rare and precious find to be with a group of ladies who can love, support, and help grow one another like that. I am blessed!

Do you have a group of believers to sit around with and just talk to God about? If not, try and find one. They can help keep you straight and energized. I truly believe Godly friends are a great gift from God.

Oil and incense bring joy to the heart, and the sweetness of a friend is better than self-counsel.
Proverbs 27:9

No comments:

Post a Comment