Monday, February 22, 2010

Convicted

Ouch.

I love and hate it when the Lord convicts me over something. I love it because 1.) I know He is growing me, and 2.) I'm listening and not ignoring Him. What I don't like, to be very honest, is having to do something about it. Especially when it's hard.

So here's the deal: No more internet at my house. Yea, I said this was an "ouch". It's not that the internet is a bad thing. In fact, I'd love to have it here fully, but I have been using a neighbor's for a few months now. I do have a neighbor that doesn't mind it being used, but I'm not really sure his is the one I've been using and I've never asked permission myself.

The reason I don't have it here at the house is because it would cost us over $60 a month and there is just no way we could afford it. Trust me- I've check every possibility and because of how far out we are that is the cheapest. So, this post is the last I will use of the borrowed. I found out it is illegal. I had no idea! I just thought it was a politeness thing. (I know I'm a bit naive at times...) This means I will have to go into town to do all my posting for this blog. So here is what I'm asking of you...

Pray that I don't miss many days. I really want Everyday With God to be, well... everyday.


Pray that I am able to get my blogging done in the times available to me. I've been feeling the need to schedule more time during the day and this will force that issue.

Pray that I make it into town more often in order to post! (And that my Panera gift card will never run dry: Rather like the woman with the jars of oil and flour... 1 Kings 17:16)

I tell you these things because I want you to be encouraged when the Lord gives you a difficult task that doesn't really seem to make much of a difference. Follow Him in all righteousness. It will be worth it, and you are not alone. Another reason is that I want you to help keep me accountable. I know how weak I am, and I know that we need each other to help keep straight. So call me on it every once in a while. Ask me if I've been behaving in this matter!


We, as Christians, need one another for prayer, support, encouragement, teaching, accountability, and so much more. Today I am asking for your help AND I'm encouraging you to follow through on what the Lord has been convicting you of. Don't rationalize it away. Obey.


And then ask for support!



1 comment:

  1. I have been praying about this and will continue to do so. I think God is constantly peeling away the things that He wants moved out of our lives to make us the beautiful creations that He wants us to be. It not only brings us closer to Him, it also teaches us compassion for others because we are so far from perfect ourselves (okay I mean myself). Sometimes I hate to loose the layers because they are so comfortable, but God wants me without anything coming between us.

    On a separate note, maybe He needs you to be in that Panera for someone who needs you to be a witness or encouragement. I pray that God brings someone to you that needs you, or someone who can encourage you in this situation.

    I love your willingness to LISTEN and OBEY, it is not easy!!!

    ReplyDelete