Sunday, February 7, 2010

Listening

It's funny that when I think of listening to God, it either seems too simple or impossibly difficult. I can never decided just which, and I think that's because it's both. Simply put, I just have faith and take the time to seek Him. The difficult aspect comes in weeding everything that is not God, and obeying only Him. So that's what I've been practicing lately. I've been trying to make the conscious effort to ask Him about every decision and action I make within the day, and then figuring out which He prefers. And let me tell you- it's not easy.

The challenge isn't so much in knowing which thing to do or not to do, but in the trials He's giving me to face. I ask God to teach me to hear His voice and obey, so He's putting me in difficult situations where I can best learn. Who builds muscles without exercise?

So pray for my sore muscles as I build up. (My brain and heart count as muscles, right?) And I challenge you to start actively listening as well.

When you are tender and sore from the workout, I'll give you a bit of the Epsom salt He gave me to soak in:
The instruction of the Lord is perfect, reviving the soul;
the testimony of the Lord is trustworthy, making the inexperienced wise.
Psalm 19:7

1 comment:

  1. I love Psalm 19:7. Our wisdom and strength is from the Lord. Isn't interesting that the heart is the largest muscle in the body and without it our body does not function. Yet, without God we do not function as God intended us to.

    ReplyDelete