Tuesday, January 19, 2010

To Do HOW Many Things?

Every child I know in Sunday School learns Philippians 4:13, "I am able to do all things through Him who strengthens me." It's one of those verses we love to quote when we lack the strength to get through the day or accomplish a task. We know that we can do all things through the strength He gives us, but I've had another thought running through my mind I think we should all ask ourselves: Do I want to.

Really stop to think and ask yourself this: How many things am I willing to do for Christ? Now, if we truly believe this verse in Philippians, we must realize that God can do all things. By 'all things', this doesn't mean just the 'things' we like, can be comfortable with, or at least make sense to us. These 'things' means, ALL THINGS.

The phrase "all things" is translated from the Greek word, pas, and is defined by Strong's as, "Including all the forms of declension; apparently a primary word; all, any, every, the whole: - all (manner of, means) alway (-s), any (one), X daily, + ever, every (one, way), as many as, + no (-thing), X throughly, whatsoever, whole, whosoever."
The one I like best is "X throughly". You can't leave it more open than that.

Are you really willing to do all things for Christ who is able and waiting to strengthen you? It won't be easy. But it will be worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment