Friday, January 1, 2010

My New Year's Resolution Is To Not Make One

Happy 2010!
Can you believe we have come this far?


I love and hate new year's resolutions. Being a person who thrives on goals, resolutions are a nice way to start out the new year. However, being human, I seldom - very seldom - keep them, and that always gets frustrating. So this year the Lord brought a Scripture to mind:


Matthew 5:33-37
Again, you have heard it said to our ancestors, You must not break your oath, but you must keep your oaths to the Lord. But I tell you, don't take an oath at all: either by heaven, because it is God's throne; or by earth, because it is His footstool; or by Jerusalem, because it is the city of the great King. Neither should you swear by your head, because you cannot make a single hair white or black. But let your "yes" be "yes", and your "no" be "no". Anything more than this is from the evil one.


When we make a new year resolution, we tend to rely on our own strength and will power. That's why I'm always failing them. So this year, daily prayer and guidance will have to suffice as a resolution. I will rely on His strength and the power of His will to get me through and to do right in habits, health, and heart. Then I know they will be accomplished because He is Faithful and True (Revelation 19:11).

No comments:

Post a Comment