Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Just Me And God

I am at peace right now.


Actually being at peace is something that doesn't come along very often. Don't get me wrong: I have peace all the time which is very evident in my life. I know it's there and working in and through me. It just doesn't seem like there are many times where I relax enough with few goals or plans to enjoy being at peace for long, but this week I am.


This is the week that my whole family is together and is just enjoying being that way. My two older boys are with us and all we are doing is eating, playing games, and watching movies. I love it. I'm doing just enough housework to keep everything from getting bad, but not so much as to be stressing over it. It's really nice.


As I've talked to God about this - actually, apologizing for not writing as much and spending enough time with Him - He's let me know that it's OK. That has greatly added to my peace. This week is a Sabbath for me. During the year I don't take time off to just enjoy the blessings that He has given me. Oh, I thank Him often, but I am always wondering what I should be saying, learning, or doing for Him next. That's what He's called me to do. However, for this week, He's let me relax. I'm taking the time to just thank Him throughout the day for the many blessings He's given me, and you know what the best part is? It's just between me and God. I get to revel in Him personally and intimately for a whole week. 


I am so very blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment