Thursday, August 13, 2009

Dry

What do you do when you can't hear or feel God?

We all go through dry seasons. I don't think it's even possible to live in a constant state of spiritual bliss, and honestly, I don't want to. We are creatures of habit and assumption. If we get use to something it becomes no big deal to us. Think of it this way: Going 40mph seems slow to us, doesn't it? But let's go back 70 years. 40mph was a big deal. It was very exciting and appreciated. I don't ever want to think of God as no big deal or under appreciate Him.

I have noticed a change in my dry spells lately. Instead of being dry as dust, it's been like a cracked surface with some moisture trapped underneath. OK, I know, enough with the comparisons. Even when I seem to be my furthest from God, there is a very viable presence still hovering near. He had made me feel so secure even when I can't truly sense Him. I know – I trust – that He is with me, and that is refreshing in and of itself.

How do you handle the dry times you have in your relationship with God?

No comments:

Post a Comment