Tuesday, April 12, 2011

I Am NOT Getting Sick!

I'm not.

That's what I decided this morning as I awoke to a sore throat, runny nose, and sneezes loud & rapid enough to make the cat run for the door. I refuse to get sick....

Now there are two trains of thought in the Sick-Denial group:
   1.) I'm not getting sick and I refuse to think or do anything about it.
   2.) I'm not getting sick- but these vitamins and chicken broth will help to make sure...

After popping my mega vitamin D's, I'd have to say I'm in the second group and do everything I can.
Minus the chicken broth which you can't buy without carrot juice in it.  Grrr...


This started me thinking - since I had the extra time as I ran to the tissue box once again - why in the world do so many of us refuse to believe we are getting sick? Some of it is the fun of trying to convince ourselves. You know: Mind Over Matter... Do we really think we can change it? Some say Yes, and others hope for Yes. Still others are stubborn enough to say, "It doesn't matter if it's 'Yes'. I'm not sick..."

As I was sitting there laughing about "not being sick" while making hot tea to soothe my throat and grabbing another tissue, I heard the Spirit prod me, "You all do this with sin too, don't you?"

Satan loves to let our flesh convince itself that We didn't really sin. The two denial groups are evident here too.

1.) I didn't really sin, so there's nothing I have to do about it.
     We all fall for this one every once in a while. The danger is that if you let yourself fall into this too often and don't ask the Lord to show you the offensiveness of your heart (Psalm 139), there becomes a hardening.
Don't let your heart be hardened. Exodus 8:19, Proverbs 28:14, Mark 16:14, Romans 2:5

2.) I didn't really sin, but just in case...
     There is nothing more important that daily communication with the Lord your God. When we doubt, fail, are confused, or are just being pure stubborn, He will correct us and guide us. He passionately loves and longs for us to flourish! Ask Him to search your heart. Desperately reach out to the creator of your soul- He knows what is best, and wants you to have it enough so that Jesus Christ died and took the punishment you deserved.

Allow Him to heal you.

For this people's heart has grown callous; their ears are hard of hearing, and they have shut their eyes; ....
...otherwise they might see with their eyes and hear with their ears, understand with their hearts and turn back— and I would cure them.
Matthew 13:15


Take a hefty dose of Vitamin Bible

No comments:

Post a Comment