Saturday, February 12, 2011

Surprise!

I got quite the surprise today: My brother and his family showed up at my door!

Now, before you smile sweetly thinking, "Aw, isn't that nice!" let me tell you just how big this is. My brother has left the state of Florida twice in the last 20 years. Once to Vegas and once come to my Grandmother's funeral, but never made it all the way up. He had to turn around after crossing the GA border because of car trouble. Not only did he totally shock me today by making it this far, but I didn't even know he was coming till he was a half hour away. Surprise!

As he and his family sat around our table eating dinner, God reminded me of many lessons He's been teaching me:
Stay flexible. You never know what I'll bring to you.
Always be open. I will be putting people in your life you need to share Me with, but may feel a bit uncomfortable.
God will always make time. I thought I'd be busy today, but was amazed how I found time to just sit back and relax with the family.
Nothing is impossible. If God can have my brother and his family show up on my door step, He truly can do anything.

You may not be able to truly comprehend just how unusual - and wonderful - this was for us. But God knows. And let me assure you, He really can do all things!

No comments:

Post a Comment