Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Believe

I had an "Ah-ha! CLICK!" moment just now.

For the last few months, we have been waiting on an email from someone. Both my husband and I knew that with the busyness of the holiday season, it would most likely be very long in coming, but that doesn't always help make it any easier. I'm always caught between "Send another email to let them know I'm still interested", and "Don't send anything else to bug them to death."
Patience and Passion don't easily mix together.

This morning, however, I was in Genesis when the Spirit threw some highlighter on a verse I was reading. I had just been talking with Him about knowing I had heard Him about this issue before and believing that He would bring it to pass, but I was beginning to need a little reassurance that I wasn't in the wrong somehow.
Not 10 minutes later I read Genesis 15:6.
Abraham believed the Lord,
and He credited it to him as righteousness.

"Alright," I told Him after pondering the consequences, "I believe. You said it- You'll do it."

When I got home hours later I realized something: The email came less than a hour later.

My God is an amazing weaver of our lives!


No comments:

Post a Comment