Monday, August 30, 2010

Messed Up

Do you have it all together?

If you said "No", don't worry: You're not alone.
If you said "Yes", well, you might want to reconsider. Having it all together usually entails a little too much self pride and not so much leaning on God. The only time I can truly say "I've got it all together" is when I'm bundling it up to hand over to Him!

Here is the encouragement I feel I need to pass along today:
I am messed up. And guess what? So is everyone else around you.

No, the church is not perfect- it's still here on this sinful earth full of sinful people whose only hope is to rely on the sacrificial blood of Jesus Christ to cleanse and save them. We all struggle. We all have vices. We all make it one day, and sometimes even just one hour, at a time.

You are not alone.

And God didn't leave you alone down here either. He gave you brothers and sisters in Christ to walk with you. Be open and honest with one another. You may each be struggling with the same thing and can encourage and keep one another accountable. Be real. Do not try and hide- even from yourself.

Be encouraged, as I have, by Paul:

 9 But He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness." Therefore, I will most gladly boast all the more about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may reside in me. 10 So because of Christ, I am pleased in weaknesses, in insults, in catastrophes, in persecutions, and in pressures. For when I am weak, then I am strong.
2 Corinthians 12:9-10

No comments:

Post a Comment