Thursday, April 22, 2010

Happy Anniversary!!!

Guess what today is?

This blog, Everyday With God, is one year old today!

I can't believe what I have learned and the ride God and I have been through this year...

First is His strength. You all have no idea how many times I sat down late at night and thought, "I have nothing to say. What in the world am I going to write about?" Then an hour or so later, I read over what has poured out and am blown away and humbled at the way God has worked through me. I look back and have proof of His love poured out on us to accomplish works for His glory.

Second is that when I rely on my own strength, crickets tend to chirp. It's so funny to me that the blogs I am sure will get comments and am most proud of (yes, that should have been a hint...) get no response what so ever. On the other hand, the ones with which I am brutally honest with myself and hope everyone decides to skip reading that day are the exact ones God uses to touch you all with. "Yes, Lord. Your ways are not my ways, and my thoughts are nothing like Yours. Thank you!" (Isaiah 55:8)

Most vivid to me though, is how He sustains. I was hoping to make around three months of regular posting and perhaps get a hundred or so posts in a year. My Master, however, drove His slave to write three-hundred and three! Not only did He exceed my expectations there, but our family has been blessed beyond measure this year. We attribute it to finally following His will with this blog. It truly is a family calling since my husband has supported me in numerous ways and my children have had to accommodate as well. The most difficult of circumstances - even those that come every year at certain times - were eased beyond measure, and we can't really explain how. He has just provided. I like to say He sold quite a few of those cattle on the hills. (Psalm 50:10) Good thing He can create an unlimited number!

So, if you will bless me, which postings have stood out most to you? There are several that have particular significance to me, and I'd like to know which one have for you.

God bless you all, and we'll discuss another year of blessing next April 22nd!

Your sister and servant in Christ Jesus-
Tiffany

2 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary!!! I'm just thankful God has blessed me with the opportunity to meet you, fellowship with you, and just love you as my sister in Christ. The post that stands out the most to me is your prayer request regarding the mission trip. Wow, it's just such a powerful testimony to how God works and how He makes His will known for what He wants us to do. There's nothing like watching a God story unfold right before one's eyes and it's so encouraging to see your postings on how He has provided for the trip since the original post. In general, I love your uniqueness in all your posts. You are you and you are genuine, I wish more Christians could just be so honest in expressing themselves. God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congradulations!
    So many of your posts have spoken to me--some I commented on, some I did not. Probably the ones that spoke the loudest, I did not comment on--just pondered them in my heart and learned the lesson provided! I don't think that there has been a bad post...all GREAT! I have enjoyed sharing your blog with others--many have needed your words of wisdom at that time in their lives. A time or two I have printed it for a friend--one friend still has it posted in her office where she can refer to it! Above all, I know that you are writting this blog to serve Him! Just keep on keeping on! Love You! Mom

    ReplyDelete