Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Home

I'm away from my home.

This is spring break for my children, so we drove north to Kentucky for a few days to visit family. As much as I love seeing my family and visiting I realized just how much I miss being home. It's not that I'm not comfortable being in these other places, I just like the relaxing comfort of my own stuff: Knowing where everything is, not having to remember if I packed such and stuff, dressers instead of a suitcase, and my tea in its box in the proper place.

Home is just home.

That's why I just can't wait to go home sometimes...


For we know that if our earthly house, a tent, is destroyed, we have a building from God, a house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens. And in fact, we groan in this one, longing to put on our house from heaven....
Therefore, though we are always confident and know that while we are at home in the body we are away from the Lord - for we walk by faith, not by sight - yet we are confident and satisfied to be out of the body and at home with the Lord.
Therefore, whether we are at home or away, we make it our aim to be pleasing to Him.
2 Corinthians 5:1-2, 6-9

No comments:

Post a Comment