Monday, January 11, 2010

What To Do When Your're Off

I have not been able to get back on a schedule and it's killing me. Christmas? OK, enough said. Then the whole week after was playing games with the boys, and while that was a wonderful time that I wouldn't trade, it's still not a schedule. Last week was suppose to get back to normal. It didn't. The kids didn't go back to school until Tuesday, and of course, I got sick Monday night and was miserable until Friday. Kevin was also on vacation all week.

So Tuesday and Wednesday I was busy cleaning up after the Christmas chaos, and trying to breath. Thursday and Friday were snow days and the kids stayed home sliding and having a grand ole' time. It was so cold and icy that even our Sunday service was cut back to only morning worship. No Life Group (Sunday School) and no evening service. Oh, and today?... and it's Kevin's day off.

Now, I really am not complaining. I wouldn't trade any of those things – except being sick – because they were all blessings. They just weren't a schedule. Yes, some were in my schedule, but that's not quite the same. I always forget what a creature of habit I am until my habits are thrown by the wayside. I miss being alone in the house. Desperately. I forget how bad I am at forcing myself to stop what I'm doing while others are around to read my Bible, take a few moments listening to God, or be still and productive; not just being still and being lazy. (Such as watching a movie or playing video games as opposed to studying or writing) Honestly, these last few weeks have been a great reminder... of how weak I am.

So I pray a portion of my favorite Psalm:

Psalm 51:10-13, 15-17
God create a clean heart for me and renew a steadfast spirit within me.
Do not banish me from Your presence or take Your Holy Spirit from me.
Restore the joy of Your salvation to me and give me a willing spirit.
Then I will teach Your ways, and sinners will return to You...


Lord, open my lips, and my mouth will declare Your praise.
You do not want a sacrifice, or I would give it; You are not pleased with a burnt offering.
The sacrifice pleasing to God is a broken spirit. God, 
You will not despise a broken and humbled heart.

Amen and Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment