Monday, January 25, 2010

Forget "Be Happy", I'm Thrilled To Get "Don't Worry"!

I've been experiencing a wonderful sensation lately: Lack of worry. Aka- peace. Typically this is the most stressful time of the year for our family. At least for the last seven years. There are many legitimate concerns we have January through April, and stress always accompanies it. This year is no different: Same circumstances, same needs, same time frame. Yet, there is one big difference this year. I'm just not concerned.

I think Matthew 6:25-34 has finally sunk in.

"This is why I tell you: Don't worry about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Isn't life more than food and the body more than clothing?....But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things will be provided for you. Therefore, don't worry about tomorrow, because tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."
Matthew 6:25, 33-34

For the first time I can say that I'm starting to truly practice that. I don't know if I could have in any other situation than the one we are in.

Thank you Father for taking whatever means necessary to help us truly understand Your Word. Thank you for blessing me so.

No comments:

Post a Comment